Crossing the Line: Aachen 1944 (2nd edition)
The game is intended for two players but is also suitable for solitaire and team play.
The game is played in a semi-interactive way, as only one Division of the active player is activated to conduct actions at the same time and the inactive player sometimes can have one of his Divisions react to specific threats and interrupt the enemy's actions.
While Operation Market Garden was in the final stage of preparation, Lieutenant general Hodges led the leading elements of the First Army towards the Westwall fortified line south of Aachen. If successful, he might have the opportunity to drive through the fortified line, crossing the Roer River and perhaps reaching the Rhine River.
For regler: TRYK HER
Components coming in the game box:
• One rulebook
• One scenario booklet including four scenarios and extensive historical notes
• One 22”x34” map sheet
• 360 extra large counters of which 160 are combat units
• Four Player aid charts
• Setup charts
• Reinforcement & Withdrawals charts
The Scale (from the Rulebook):
• A hex represents 1.2km of terrain from side to side.
• Each turn represents a period of two to eight days.
• Combat units are mostly battalions.
2nd Edition 2022:
One mounted map.
448 extra large counters.
Four double-sided player aids.
Two double-sides Setup- and Reinforcements & Withdrawals displays.
One solitaire play track sheet.
Two 10-sided dice.